Welding Manipulator is a product family of general-purpose equipment for performing internal and/or external circumferential and/or longitudinal welding, and/or long straight welding on cylindrical part and other structure members. It has another common-used name of Column and Boom, or Welding Column and Boom.
1. Product brief:
1) Welding Manipulator is widely applied in industries of Pressure Vessel/ Petro-Chemical/ Oil Tank/
Offshore Wind Tower/ Boiler, etc.;
2) It can work together with Welding Rotator and/or Welding Positioner to have control in integral,
composing welding center, meeting various welding requirement;
3) The product can be equipped with optional outsourcing components of Welding Power/ Seam Tracer/
Oscillator/ Video Monitor/ Flux Recovery unit, making flexible and custom-made welding application;
2. Product Classification:
There are several variations with welding manipulator:
1) Based on equipment base, it has 2 broad categories of Fixed-Base and Moving Trolley;
2) Based on column revolve, it has 2 broad categories of Fixed-Column (No Revolving) and Revolving
Column. And still further, for Column Revolving type, the product can be further divided into Manual
Revolving and Electric Revolving (Motor-drive);
3) Based on equipment size, it has 3 broad categories of Light duty, Medium duty and Heavy duty;
4) Besides, the welding manipulator can be grouped in terms of its welding style: SAW (Submerged Arc
Welding), MIG, MAG, CO2, Strip Cladding, etc.
5) All the above-mentioned options (base/ column/tonnage) can be made permutation and combination,
to form up specific product. For example, Medium-duty Fixed-base Column Electric Revolve Welding
6) We will try to give introduction on each of specific product type. The only exception is fixed-column,
due to its rare use in practical, we only introduce this kind of product as general one;
7) Due to wider and more application of welding center of various forms, we give introduction on
three specific welding centers at the end of this product family.
3. Welding Manipulator Standard Size
Boom vertical stroke (mm)
Boom horizontal stroke (mm)
Boom vertical speed (mm/min)
Note: Special size available.