Views: 763 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-09-02 Origin: Site
1) Welding Manipulator, also named as Welding Column and Boom, is a kind of very important Welding Equipment, applied in the field of Pipe/ Tank Fabrication. It can be either applied as individual Pipe Tank Welding Machine, or Pipe Tank Fabrication Welding Center;
2) In practical application, to cater for varieties of demand from broad base of customers, there are rich assortment of configurations with applicating cases of Welding Manipulator;
3) This short blog will have a brief introduction on available configurations of Welding Column and Boom, and how to make proper selection:
1) Light duty Welding Manipulator: Max. loading is 80kg;
2) Medium duty Welding Manipulator: Max. loading is 80~ 120 kg;
3) Heavy duty Welding Manipulator: Max. loading is 200/ 400/ 500 kg.
The entire set of Welding Column and Boom is fixed into workshop floor;
The entire set of Welding Column and Boom can travel along traveling rails.
1) Non-Revolving Welding Column and Boom;
2) Manual Turning Revolving Welding Column and Boom;
3) Electric Motor Drive Welding Column and Boom.
a) As to standard units of multi-function Welding Column and Boom, there are several variations with each type of standard unit. For example, operating heads;
1) SAW (Submerged arc welding);
2) ESW (Electro slag welding);
3) GMAW (Gas metal arc welding);
4) CO2 Gas shielded welding;
5) MIG (Metallic inert gas);
6) TIG (Tungsten inert gas);
7) MAG (Metal active gas arc welding);
8) Narrow gap welding
c) There are also other kinds of operating heads other than welding, that can be equipped into Welding Column and Boom: Painting, Assembling, Test, Grinding, etc.
Now that there are so many options with LHZ series multi-function automatic Welding Manipulator to choose from, how to select the most appropriate one? Below are the guiding principles on selection of model and specification of specific Welding Column and Boom as a reference:
1) Operating space of the Welding Column and Boom should be sufficient for meeting demand on welding process technology and on site production;
2) For Welding Manipulator, boom vertical and horizontal movement is indispensable, or a must;
3) As to whether it is necessary to have capability of column revolve (Either by hand or with motor drive) and or travelling trolley with Welding Manipulator, that depends on practical condition of application;
4) The Welding Column and Boom is of building block structure. Which means, first the Welding Manipulator should have elementary components and assemblies: Column, boom, base/trolley, motor and transmission units, saddle, welding system, operating head;
5) Besides, there are several options: For example, seam tracing unit, video monitor, oscillator, ...to make Welding Manipulator a more powerful and versatile Welding Equipment.
So, what is the difference between manual and electric column revolve, for a set of Welding Manipulator?
1) Manual revolve Welding Manipulator has strong point of convenient and quick operation, and weak point of laborious and potential risk of safety. Proper operation and fully prepared measures can reduce the risk of this Welding Equipment to its minimum;
2) Motor drive column revolve Welding Manipulator has good point of labor saving and safety assurance, but relatively time consuming.
a) LHZ series automated Welding Column and Boom is a kind of versatile and powerful Welding Equipment in industry, and can fulfil many challenging jobs for customer demand;
b) For attaining this target, there are 2 important indexes measuring performance of the Welding Column and Boom, which should be considered when making choice on model and specification of this important Pipe Tank Welding Machine:
1) Stability of horizontal Boom leftward and rightward movement (Involves welding process);
2) Deflection of the horizontal boom end at the maximum extend of the boom.
1) Welding Center, also called welding complex, is for performing sophisticated welding on workpieces, with the optimum welding position, such as 45° fillet;
2) Or completing sophisticated welding job. For example, the Pipe Tank Fabrication Welding Center of the above photo, can fulfil the sophisticated welding of: Longitudinal / Circumferential/ Fillet welding, with all the proper types of welding position/ seam, arising from requirement on process technology of the Welding Equipment.
1) Seam Tracker is critical function element in nearly all the kinds of Welding Equipment, including Welding Manipulator, for controlling welding torch position, and hence welding quality;
2) There is operating manual of seam tracker, which we will hand over to customer when making delivery of the Welding Manipulator, together with the seam tracker;
3) We give customer training and technical service on the Welding Column and Boom as part of our service terms.
As summary, with numerous variations in equipment size and configuration, the LHZ series Welding Manipulator (Welding Column and Boom) has powerful capability of meeting all around requirements from all customers.