Views:0 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-10-13 Origin:Site
CNC Strip Plate Cutting machine is the basic and requisite equipment in nearly all facilities of manufacturing industry involving processing of sheet metal. With technique advancement of Plate Cutting/ Control System/ Driving System, as well as growing demand on cutting precision and consistency, the machine gets more extensive application.
1) There are several types of CNC Strip Plate Cutting machine in broad category;
a) CNC Flame Plate cutting machine (Including for Special Shape Plate Cutting, Triple Plate Cutting or Edge Beveling, Strip Plate Cutting with Oxygen and Acetylene/ Propane);
b) CNC Plasma Plate Cutting machine – For profiled plate cutting with plasma power supply;
c) CNC Laser Plate Cutting machine – For profile plate cutting with laser generator.
3) Of these, the CNC Plasma Plate Cutting machine is the “medium” product in terms of machine price, cutting capacity, and fineness of cutting kerf. It has got wide and popular use for over decades of years.
1) The role of plasma power supply in CNC Plasma Sheet Metal Cutting machine, is like hands and arms for a people: It is the execution unit of the machine, and determines quality of plasma contour plate cutting in the largest extent;
2) Depending cutting capacity in terms of thickness and output current, there are several models of plasma power supply to choose from, meeting various demands of all customers;
3) Meanwhile, plasma power supply is a delicate mechanism which needs strict and full round maintenance and service together with the CNC Plasma Plate Cutting machine itself;
4) On the other hand, grasping knowledge on common troubleshooting on the plasma power supply is also of vital importance for making satisfactory operation of the CNC Plasma Sheet Metal Cutting machine.
Here we share tips on common troubleshooting of plasma power supply based on years of experience. Before that, we stress that it is based on our accumulation on understanding of CNC Strip Plate Cutting machine, and just for your reference. You can use it as a guide for routine checking.
List of tips on common troubleshooting of plasma power supply:
a) Phenomenon: With the switched on of power, its indicating lamp and digital meter does not illuminate;
i. The three-phase power is lack of phase --- Check the power supply;
ii. The switch of power supply is spoiled --- Replace the switch;
iii. The 3A fuse for power control is broken --- Replace the fuse.
a) Phenomenon: No arc striking with power switch turned on and its indicating lamp illuminates.
b) Possible Cause and Corresponding Solution: Lack of phase/ Undervoltage or Overvoltage of the three-phase power --- Check the power supply;
a) Phenomenon: No arc striking, or arc is broken during CNC Plasma Plate Cutting machine working. At the same time, Overheating Indicating lamp illuminates;
i. High ambient temperature --- Let the CNC Plasma Sheet Metal Cutting machine in break state for certain period of time until it cools off;
ii. Cooling fan rotates slowly or does not work at all, making poor cooling effect during cutting; --- Check and repair the cooling fan if necessary;
iii. Temperature relay fails --- Replace the relay
a) Phenomenon: The CNC Plasma Plate Cutting machine could not be started. Besides, the Gas Pressure Indicating lamp does not illuminate;
i. No gas pressure --- Check and make sure proper connection of gas pipeline and tubes;
ii. Pressure of the gas supply is too low --- Make adjustment;
iii. Damaged pressure gauge --- Replace the gauge;
a) Phenomenon: The CNC Plasma Sheet Metal Cutting machine does not deliver eligible special shape plate cutting;
i. Gas pressure is too high or too low --- Adjust gas pressure;
ii. The Air filter regulator cup is blocked --- Rinse with water regularly;
iii. Thickness of workpiece exceeds cutting capacity of the plasma power supply--- Match thickness of workpiece with specification of plasma power supply;
iv. Torch electrode and nozzle fail --- Replace;
v. Plasma arc is not perpendicular to the workpiece --- Adjust torch angle;
vi. Cutting speed is too fast or too slow --- Adjust cutting speed based on cutting technique